Happy new year! January is one of my favorite months, I love that is a time of transition and renewal. Mitchell and I always stay up until midnight drink champagne, sage our house, talk about our intentions for 2017 then at midnight stuff 12 grapes into our mouths,haha. Then we sneak into the bedroom and give Meadow a bunch of kisses.
We woke up this morning to snow falling, it’s so beautiful. We have huge windows in our living room and we just zone out and watch the snow fall. It’s amazing how much snow we’ve been getting, i feel so grateful. Our town is a snow globe and i hope it stays this way all winter. I’m one of those who freaks out every time it snows, haha. I just want to play in it all day.
I usually make smoothie bowls for breakfast but pancakes just sounded more fitting on this winter day.
These vegan buttermilk pancakes are easy,light and fluffy.
Super simple and will take less than 10 minutes to make. I top them with fruit and maple syrup, you will love them!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp organic cane sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Add the vinegar to the milk and let it sit for a couple minutes while you combine other ingredients
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt
- Add the melted butter and prepared buttermilk
- Mix thoroughly until desired consistency. If too lumpy add more milk, if too thin add more flour
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium high heat, add a bit of butter
- Pour in the pancake mixture and cook until bubbles appear and start to pop, a couple of minutes then flip.