Yesterday we got so much snow in Bend. It really feels like the holidays. I love how when it snows everyone is forced to slow down. School is cancelled and you see kiddos running and sledding all over the place. We also saw a lot of folks cross-country skiing to work. So awesome! Meadow could barely walk in it, it was so deep and I kept slipping while holding her, good thing I was falling on 2 feet of light fresh powder snow. We took her sledding but she was not a fan, perhaps the hill was too steep. Poor baby, we felt bad so we baked some cookies.
Making cookies is so much fun because Meadow is at an age where she loves to help. She pours the ingredients into the bowl and stirs them up. She loves it so much. It keeps her entertained for a while and being almost two, she is very active and all over the place! So its a win win!
This shortbread cookie recipe is easy, quick, and super simple to make.
They taste like those nostalgic butter cookies from a Christmas cookie box, identical in texture and taste.
There are only 4 ingredients and they taste amazing! They’re soft, melt in your mouth and take about 10 minutes to make, no joke!
Santa will love them!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup coconut oil (you can replace with vegan butter)
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, and sift flour once.
- Add the sugar, salt, vanilla and coconut oil.
- Mix thoroughly and knead for a couple minutes.
- Flatten out the dough with a roller and form into cookies
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes